Responsible sustainable tourism covers the full spectrum of travel, holidays and discovery for pleasure and business. Consequently it covers many specialised sub-sectors like economic development, cultural heritage and sustainable production and consumption which are continuously evolving. Progressing sustainable development through responsible tourism therefore calls on communities, businesses and policy makers to adapt and refine their expertise as we progress to a more sustainable future. Each destination and the maturity of its tourism sector are different. Likewise the training requirements and student profiles are unique so the ICRT creates tailor made training programmes which address specific capacity building requirements and education needs to maximise the benefits of the training.
Our approach to customising training programmes is:
- Review client brief and prepare detailed training and assessment plan
- Agree benchmarks with the client
- Integrate training mode, delivery with assessment criteria and methods
- Devise customised training and assessment materials which reflect the destination/company and brand values
- Review student feedback and assessments and report to client on training result
- New Product/Service: Innovation and Experience Design
- Responsible Tourism Marketing
- Environmental Management for Hospitality
- Cultural Heritage, Communicates & Local Economic Development
- Responsible Tourism Destination Management
Training Designed by Recognised Leading Experts
Our training programmes are designed by Christopher Warren, Rebecca Hawkins and Harold Goodwin who are internationally recognised as leading experts in the field of Responsible Tourism and sustainable development innovation. Our clients include destination management organisations, government tourism agencies and companies.
International Expertise & Market Knowledge
The ICRT has become a significant network with sister organisations in eight countries and supporters and alumni in many sectors of tourism and many countries. Our alumni and associates assist us in our ambition to be at the cutting edge of work furthering Responsible Tourism. We have been raising questions about water, travel philanthropy, carbon offsetting and certification for some time, more recently we have begun to raise the issues which arise when the principles of Responsible Tourism are applied to the cruise industry and looking at the issues which arise for people with disabilities. By sharing our knowledge of the unique characteristics from each region we have built an insightful team and knowledge bank.
If you are interested in the course or to enrol please email firstname.lastname@example.org